I.A.H Mecworma Paste & Bot 33g
- Regular price
- $12.00 AUD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $12.00 AUD
- Unit price
FARNAM® MECWORMA® & BOT has been shown to be highly effective (up to 100% activity) in control and treatment of large and small strongyles (Strongylus and Cyathostomum spp.) including arterial larval stages and benzimidazole resistant strains, bots (Gasterophilus spp.), cutaneous onchocerciasis and nematodes including Habronema and Draschia spp. which cause skin lesions (summer sores).
- FARNAM® MECWORMA® has been shown to be highly effective (up to 100% activity) in control and treament of large and small strongyles (Strongyles and Cyathastomum spp.) including arterial larval stages and benzimidazole resistant strains, bots (Gasterophilus spp.) cutaneous onchocerciasis and nematodes including Habronema and Draschia spp. which cause skin lesions (summer sores)
- FARNAM® MECWORMA® contains abamectin, which is the only natural form of the macrocylic lactone group of anthelmintics. Macrocyclic lactone compounds have revolutionised the control of parasites in animals. They are generally regarded as the most effective, least toxic and non-carcinogenic parasiticides yet developed. The FARNAM® MECWORMA® paste is easy to administer under a wide range of conditions, with a sticky consistency that is well accepted with minimal wastage. Abamectin has a wide safety margin at the recommended dose level especially in foals, pregnant mares, and aged or debilitated horses. There has been no adverse effects reported when used at double the recommeneded doses on horses with a heavy parasite burden.
DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION
A complete syringe treats a 600 kg body weight horse. The plunger is calibrated in 100 kg weight increments which each deliver 5.5g of paste. Adjust the locking ring to the required body weight and depress plunger. Ensure paste is administered on the rear of the tongue and hold horse's head raised for a few seconds after dosing to ensure the paste is swallowed.
The recommended dose level of 200 µg/kg bodyweight FARNAM® MECWORMA® controls the following parasites:
- Large Strongyles: Strongylus vulgaris (adult & arterial larval stages), Strongyles edentatus (adult & tissue stages), Strongyles equinus (adult) and Triodontophorus spp. (adult)
- Small Strongyles: Including bendimidazole resistant strains (adult and immature) Cythostomum spp., Cyliocyclus spp., Cylicostephanus spp., Cylicodontophorus spp. and Gylocephalus spp.
- Ascarids: Parascaris equorum (adult and immature).
- Hairworms: Trichostrongylu axei (adult and immature) .
- Pinworms: Oxyuris equi (adult and immature).
- Lungworms: Dictyocaulus arnfieldi (adult and immature).
- Bots: Gasterophilus spp. (oral and stomach stages).
- Intestinal Threadworms: Strongyloides westeri (adult).
- Neck Threadworms; Onchocerca spp.(microfilarie) (cutaneous onchocerciasis).
- Stomach Worms: Habronema muscae (adult and cutaneous larval stage ), Draschia spp. (cutaneous larval stage) - both cause summer sores.
- Free abamectin in FARNAM® MECWORMA® may adversely affect fish and certain aquatic organisms. Do not contaminate dams, waterways ot drains with this product or used container.
- National Registration Authority
MEAT WITHHOLDING PERIOD
- DO NOT USE less than 28 days before slaughter for human consumption.